Date of introduction: 20 January 2014
Rank on Coinmarketcap: 55
Current price: €0.03
Current circulating supply: 9,785,224,625 DGB
Total Maximum Supply: 21.000.000.000 DGB
Official Website: https://www.digibyte.co
What is DGB
Digibyte is an open source cryptocurrency running independently on its own Digibyte blockchain. Although the main idea of creating DGB was based on Bitcoin, the adjustments / improvements in the code allow for improved functionality, improved security, and 15-second block time (which is fast, especially compared to BTC). Digibyte is the longest public blockchain in existence.
Currently Digibyte has a total of 6 platforms that are currently running / or are planned to run on the DGB blockchcain and use the DGB currency; DigiByteGaming, DigibyteTip, DigiByte Market, DiguSign, Digi-ID and DigiHash.
Founder & CEO
Twitter: Official Twitter Jared Tate
- Has a total of 6 full-time employees working on DGB
- Because DGB is an open sourced blockchain, developers can work on DGB and propose improvements. DGB has a total of 421 of these ‘’contributors’’.
HQ in Santa Monica, California, USA
Office in Hong Kong
Exchanges offering DGB
- In 2016, Digibyte was nominated and added by Microsoft to join in their Microsoft BizSpark Plus program. This program is designed to provide extra support to software entrepreneurs and start-ups.
- Digibyte was added to the Microsoft Azure program, allowing for building, testing, deploying their technology across worldwide Microsoft data servers.
- In 2017 Digibyte was selected out of 1000 applicants to participate in Citi Tech for Integrity. Although they did not win, they did place themselves as one of the finalists and were able to pitch DGB to Facebook, IBM, PWC, Microsoft and Mastercard.
- DGB gaming, earn DGB when playing online games
- DGB is looking to expand to 10 more exchanges in 2018
- Increase the offer of wallets including Trezor, Ledger and Rasberry
- Has its own unique hot wallet on multiple operating systems
- Has been around since 2014
- Very easy to mine, meaning high volume and circulation of coins which presses down the value.
- Published no Whitepaper
DGB explained (video)
DGB does not believe in whitepapers, their official statement:
‘’We want to be known as doers. Not white paper pumpers. It is much better to under promise & over deliver’’ – Digibyte Twitter @ 21 Jan 2015